What should you do when your Montgomery home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your residence – and your family members – against the many risks you could experience, like break-ins, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Even though your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Montgomery home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm can be startling, confusing, and could cause panic. Your best option is to stay calm and follow these simple guidelines.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Montgomery Triggers
It’s a circumstance nobody desires to be in, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the telltale blaring of an alarm after a security sensor has been triggered. What is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blasting, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But staying calm is the optimal way to assess the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to deal with the emergency on your own but instead let your monitoring specialists and first responders do their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your main focus should be your family and moving them out of danger. In the event of a intrusion, this might mean moving to an appointed safe room as far from entry points as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm immediately deterred the trespasser, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or a fire, you need to exit your home right away.
- Remember your smartphone. In this day and age, almost all homeowners have their phones constantly with them, but you may neglect to take it during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll be able to stay in touch with your monitoring professionals and receive updates through your home security app.
Work With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in Montgomery goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that means communicating with you. The protocol they abide by is based on the kind of emergency. To illustrate, when a medical emergency occurs, one effort will be made to reach you before help is sent out. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most typical type of event - a monitoring agent will follow these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you via the command hub. You will usually be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt isn’t successful, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, nearby law enforcement officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again once emergency personnel are notified.
If you're not able to interact with monitoring agents, don't worry. Assistance will still be deployed even if you're not able to verify the emergency.
Prepare for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Montgomery
Get prepared for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in Montgomery from Vivint. Call (334) 378-2456 to begin the customization of your property’s defense today.