Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Montgomery smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in total control of your Montgomery home’s security and automation. See how it will help you and explore tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Montgomery do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you can even chat with someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also offers complete remote access and control through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can execute:
- View live or saved video streams from all linked surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Montgomery by implementing schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock when the smoke detector trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just adhere to these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be in your house and arms everything besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be gone, and each sensor in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The home screen will show a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will urge you to act. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by following the steps above. You will then need to verify you want to circumvent the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Montgomery
Although various users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will likely want to add another user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote capability, tap phone or email and submit the details to send an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, simply proceed to the menu, touch users, select the user you wish to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Montgomery security system. Call (334) 378-2456 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.